Upon successful completion of this unit, trainees will be able to apply the knowledge and skills in making advanced cakes. This includes preparing icing, filling, glazes and fondant, and assembling, finishing, decorating the cakes and apply advanced piping skills.
SHATEC Institutes Pte Ltd (UEN: 198301550C) is an appointed CET Centre by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) for courses supported by SkillsFuture Credits (SFC) / funded by SSG. The funding support period for Prepare Advanced Cakes is 22 Jul 2019 to 21 Jul 2023.
Course Duration & Structure
The total duration is 32 hours. This includes:
- Classroom Training – 25 hours
- Assessment – 2 hours
- E-learning – 5 hours
Kindly contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
Theory and practical assessments will be conducted.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Types and uses of tools and equipment used for preparing advanced cakes
- Types, characteristics and indicators of quality cooking/baking ingredients of advanced cakes
- Methods of mixing and baking advanced cakes
- Methods to prepare icings, fillings, glazes and fondant from scratch
- Types and methods of assembling, finishing and decorating cakes
- Types and methods to prepare entremets
- Advanced piping methods
- Indicators of doneness
- Methods of presenting and storing finished products
- Quality characteristics of advanced cake products
- Common faults in baking advanced cakes that affects its quality and how to prevent them
|Course Fee||Company- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||International|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$720.00||$720.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$50.40||$50.40|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable， Including GST||$770.40||$770.40|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST1,2||$226.40||N.A.|
|2,3,4Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES) / Enhanced Training Support for SME||$104.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES2,3 / SMEs||$122.40||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years and above will be eligible for up to 80% SSG funding. Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
³All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.
4The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years and above.