This skill describes the ability to provide go-the-extra-mile service to exceed customer expectations and create a positive customer experience. It also includes demonstrating the qualities and characteristics of a service professional and escalating feedback on areas of improvement to enhance the customer experience.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- Positive qualities and characteristics of a service professional in hospitality context
- Importance of go-the-extra-mile for service to oneself and the organisation
- Presenting oneself professionally to create positive first impression
- Anticipating customers’ needs and expectations
- Delivering appropriate service and sought-after information required by customers
- Empathise with customers’ needs to exceed customers’ expectations to create a positive customer experience
- Demonstrate customer-friendly communication principles in go-the-extra-mile interactions with customers
Total Duration – 20 hours:
- Classroom Training – 14 hours
- Assessment – 2 hours
- E-learning – 4 hours
Lecture, discussion, e-learning, online discussions and case studies
Written assessment(s) with learning reflections; and minimum 75% attendance
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
- Going Above and Beyond: An Introduction to Go-The-Extra-Mile Customer Service
- Customer Service Excellence Starts With You
- Knowing What Customers Need
- Skills that Drive Customer Service Excellence
- How to Handle Irate Customers
|Provide Go-The-Extra Mile Service||Singaporean/ Singapore PR||International|
|Full Course Fee
|7% GST on Full Course Fee||$ 30.24||$ 30.24|
|Full Course Fee, incl. GST||$462.24||$462.24|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, incl. GST||$122.24||N.A.|
|2,3,4Additional Funding if eligible under Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES)⁴ / Enhanced Training Support for SME2||$ 48.80||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, incl. GST, after MES⁴/ SME2||$ 73.44||N.A.|
|2,3,5Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)||$ 70.40||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, incl. GST, after WTS funding||$ 51.84||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years old will be eligible for up to 80% SSG funding. Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
³All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval.
Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.
⁴The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above.
⁵WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years old and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.