This skill describes the ability to apply the knowledge and skills in interacting with and serving Food and Beverage (F&B) customers. It also includes seating customers, taking orders, serving food and beverage, presenting bills and assisting customers with departure.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Existing practitioners who seek deepening of skills and learning in guest interaction and restaurant service
- Fresh entrants to the F&B service industry
By the end of the course, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- Characteristics of personal grooming and hygiene
- Sales techniques
- Methods of presenting food and beverages to customers
- Practise personal grooming and hygiene
- Display positive attitude and good posture when interacting with customers
- Accept feedback from co-workers and/or supervisors in a considerate and constructive manner
Course Duration & Structure
The total duration is 20 hours. This includes:
- Classroom Training – 14 hours
- E-learning – 4 hours
- Assessment – 2 hours
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
Lecture, discussion, e-learning, and online discussions and case studies
Written assessment(s) and practical assessment(s) with learning reflections; and minimum 75% attendance
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG):
- Interact and Serve Food & Beverage Customers
- Introduction to Interaction with Restaurant Guests
- Professional Personal Presentation
- Etiquette of Interacting and Serving Guests
- Table Service Etiquette
|Course Fee||Company- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||International|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$432.00||$432.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$30.24||$30.24|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable， Including GST||$462.24||$462.24|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST||$122.24||N.A.|
|2,3,4Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES) / Ehanced Training Support for SME||$48.80||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES / SME||$73.44||N.A.|
|2,3,5Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)||$70.40||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after WTSfunding||$51.84||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years and abovewill be eligible for up to 80% SSG funding.Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sgfor application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
³All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.
4The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years and above.
5WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.