The internet has transformed the way organisations and consumers engage with each other. In the context of hospitality, the proliferation of Online Travel Agents (OTAs) and the growing sophistication of digital consumers have made it an imperative for hotels and tourism services providers to tap on the potential benefits of digital marketing.
This 45-hour course introduces participants to the fundamentals of digital marketing in hospitality and provides participants with insights into different types of digital marketing channels. It also provides participants the opportunities to explore the different tools and metrics used in search engine optimization and marketing as well as highlights the strategies for email marketing, reputation management and service recovery.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for executives in the hotel industry who have to manage social media platforms and individuals from the hospitality industry who wish to deepen their knowledge and skills in the area of digital marketing. Managers and Executives from departments such as Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Front Office, and Reservations department would find the programme useful and insightful.
Benefits of Workshop
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand what digital marketing entails and its relationship to social media platforms
- Acquire insights into development of content on social media platforms
- Understand the approaches to integrating social media platforms to support the organisation’s sales and marketing strategies
- Evaluate effectiveness of social media platforms to achieve sales and marketing
Course Duration & Structure
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
Class discussions, seminars, e-learning, work-based project, field visit and guest speakers.
- Online Collaboration – 30%
- Work-based Project – 70%
Participants must achieve a minimum attendance of 75% to receive a Certificate of Participation awarded by SHATEC.
Introduction to the Digital Marketing Landscape
- Digital Marketing Channels
- Social Media Platforms
- Global Distribution Systems (GDS)
- Recent Trends and Growth
- The RACE Digital Marketing Framework – (Reach) > Act > Convert > Engage
Indirect Digital Marketing Channels
- Online Travel Agents (OTAs)
- Meta Search (details covered under direct channels section)
- Global Distribution Systems
Direct Digital Marketing Channels
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Meta Search
- Email Marketing
- Local Channels Integration
- Social Media and Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
Online Travel Agents (OTAs), Wholesalers and Global Distribution Systems (GDS)
- Functions and Roles
- Impact and Influence on Hotel Operations and Marketing of Products and Services
SEO, SEM and Meta Search
- Google products and its applications
- Optimisation, analytics and measures of performance
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising Campaigns
- Key Components of SEM / PPC
- Understanding Google AdRank
- Understanding Meta Search and Its Implications for Digital Marketing Strategies
- Email Marketing Campaigns
- Introduction and Objectives
- Elements of Effective Email Marketing
- Open, Click-through and Call-to-Action Rates
Local Channels Integration
- Introduction to Local Channels Integration
- Types of Local Channels
- Leveraging on Local Channels for Successful Digital Marketing Integration
Social Media and Marketing
- Introduction to Social Media
- Social Media Marketing
- Components – platforms, content, performance measurements
- Social Media Engagement Plans
- Influence of Experience Sharing and Online Communities on Purchasing Behaviours
- Impact of Social Media on Hotels / the Hospitality Industry
Managing the Online Conversation
- Reputation Management
- Organisation’s guidelines and image
- Recovery Strategies
- Approaches and Techniques
- Possess at least a pass in GCE ‘O’ level English or equivalent
- Have at least 2 years of work experiences in a hotel or hospitality related establishment
- Preferably, participant is currently holding an executive position which requires the use of social media platforms to outreach to market segments, and
- Possess working knowledge of the use of social media in marketing
|Singaporean / Singapore PR
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$980.00||$980.00|
|Nett Course Fee (Before GST)||$294.00||$980.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$20.58||$68.60|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST||$314.58||$1,048.60|
|Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES)²||$196.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, incl. GST, after MES||$118.58||N.A.|
|Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)³||$245.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, incl. GST, After Enhanced funding from WTS||$69.58||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years old will be eligible for up to 70% SSG funding.
²The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above.
³WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years old and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.
*Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval.
Companies are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.