This skill describes the ability to up-sell and provide suggestive selling to guests/customers based on the knowledge of the organisation’s products and services. It also includes the ability to establish their requirements, and manage guests/customers’ concerns or objections.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for existing practitioners who seek an in-depth understanding of up-selling and suggestive selling.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- Techniques and benefits of up-selling and suggestive selling to guests, customers, organisations and staff
- Able to apply appropriate service techniques to encourage guests/customers to experience recommended products and services, in accordance with their requirements
- Able to provide acknowledgement to guests/customers, in accordance with organisational standards
- Adopt service-orientation essential in hospitality
- Adopt pro-active and initiative in guest interactions and discharge of duties
Course Duration & Structure
The total duration is 20 hours. This includes:
- Classroom Training – 14 hours
- E-learning – 4 hours
- Assessment – 2 hours
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
Lecture, discussion, e-learning, and online discussions and case studies
Written assessment(s) with learning reflections; and minimum 75% attendance
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
- Introduction to Up-selling and Suggestive Selling
- Optimising Opportunities for Selling
- Mindset Shift: Think Strawberries
- Adopting Right Mindset and Attitude
- Strategies for Success in Up-selling and Suggestive Selling
|Course Fee||Company- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||International|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$360.00||$360.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$25.20||$25.20|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable， Including GST||$385.20||$385.20|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST1,2||$97.20||N.A.|
|2,3,4Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES) / Enhanced Training Support for SME||$36.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES / SME||$61.20||N.A.|
|2,3,5Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)||$54.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after WTS||$43.20||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years and abovewill be eligible for up to 80% SSG funding.Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sgfor application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
³All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.
4The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years and above.
5WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.