This course covers knowledge and application skills required to understand the various Food and Beverage (F&B) concepts, formats and set-ups. It also includes the F&B trends in Singapore and the international arena, optimum space planning and design of efficient workflow systems and the legal and regulatory requirements in the set-up of a F&B business.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Existing practitioners who are tasked to establish new F&B Operations in the industry
- Fresh entrants who wish to deepen skills and knowledge in order to establish F&B Operations as a start-up or entrepreneurship venture
By the end of the course, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- Conceptualisation of food and beverage service business
- Design considerations for software and hardware
- Market trends and economic conditions
- Regulatory and legal requirements
- Plan, organise and strategise resources for set-up
- Organise and set-up food service layout
- Apply marketing principles for research, planning and branding
- Conduct cost and financial analysis
- Comply to licensing and regulatory requirements
- Adopt a learning mind-set and openness to generating ideas to improve organisational objectives and processes
- Adopt a team mindset and constantly update knowledge of F&B industry and trends
Course Duration & Structure
The total duration is 30 hours. This includes:
- Classroom Training – 22 hours
- E-learning – 6 hours
- Assessment – 2 hours
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
Lecture, discussion, e-learning, project, online discussions and case studies
Written assessment(s) with learning reflections; and minimum 75% attendance
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Into the Wilderness – Insights to the F&B Industry
- F&B Business Set-ups and Concepts
- Market Research and Feasibility Studies
- Branding and Concept Design
- Kitchen Organisation and Management
- Regulatory and Legal Requirements
|Course Fee||Company- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||International|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$600.00||$600.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$42.00||$42.00|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable， Including GST||$642.00||$642.00|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST
|2,3,4Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES) / Enhanced Training Support for SME||$240.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES / SME||$102.00||N.A.|
|2,3,5Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)||$270.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after WTS||$72.00||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years and abovewill be eligible for up to 80% SSG funding.Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sgfor application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
³All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.
4The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years and above.
5WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.