SHATEC’s specially crafted training solution “ROOM” is a follow-through of the current Hotel Sectoral Manpower Plan (SMP) – SkillsFuture: Room for Gain. In our programme, ROOM is an acronym for “Relooking at Operations with an Open Mind”, a name chosen for “consistency of messaging and association to the Hotel SMP”.
The ROOM programme is targeted at hotels and tourism establishments. It comprises one WSQ unit “Contribute to Innovation Process within own Scope of Work in Business Unit”. The thrust of our ROOM programme is to “unleash” the potential of individuals to identify opportunities for innovation and improved work practices within their own scope of work, with an end objective of an actual implementation of a continual improvement project at the workplace.
The ROOM programme will contribute towards the two productivity initiatives “Redesign Processes” and “Redefine Hospitality Service Experience” that are outlined in the Hotel SMP.
Who should attend?
This course is beneficial and useful to mid-level executives in any hospitality establishments who would like to improve work practices within their own scope of work.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
1. Broad concepts of innovation
- Steps in innovation process
- Behaviours that support innovation
- Individual role in contributing to innovation culture
2. Ability to:
- identify opportunities for innovation and improved work practices within own scope of work
- collaborate with stakeholders
- pilot test ideas and
- implement innovation initiatives.
3. Acquire the following attitude:
- adopt professional approach to discharge of duties, including professional conduct, image and interactions
- adopt a learning mind-set and openness to solving problems
- demonstrate empathy and appreciation of others’ views and issues when working on innovation initiatives to maintain positive working relationships
The programme takes a practical based approach to learning. Participants will be given opportunities to practise what they have learnt through working on a work-based project. The tentative schedule is presented to provide insights into how the programme will be delivered:
- Week 1 — A full-day session for the fundamentals and to set parameters of an “improvement project” to be undertaken by each individual at the workplace.
- Week 2 — Another full-day session to complete essential underpinning knowledge required for project as well as to determine key project deliverables and timeline with participants.
- Week 3 to Week 12 — Three (3) half-day sessions on an “individual” consultation basis at the participants’ workplace for project implementation and monitoring of action plan.
- During Week 8 or Wk 12, there shall be a final project presentation by the participant to the course assessor onsite at the workplace. To ensure that there is impact and commitment, the respective supervisors and/or hotel representatives shall be invited to the presentation.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Certificate of Achievement by SHATEC and a Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Kindly contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
1. Introduction to Innovation in Problem Solving
2. The Innovation Process
3. Essential Soft Skills for Innovation
4. Workplace Project: Planning, Implementation and Delivery
|Course Fee||Company- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||Self- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||International|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$1,900.00||$1,900.00||$1,900.00|
|Nett Course Fee (Before GST)||$570.00||$570.00||$1,900.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$39.90||$39.90||$133.00|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST||$609.90||$609.90||$2,033.00|
|2,3,4Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES) / Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||Companies may log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of Additional MES or WTS funding.||$380.00||N.A.|
|2,3,4Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES /Enhanced Training Support for SMEs||$229.90||N.A.|
|2,3,5Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)||$475.00||N.A.|
|2,3,5Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from WTS||$134.90||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years and above will be eligible for up to 70% SSG funding. Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
³All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.
4The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years and above.
5WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.