This skill describes the ability to participate in Workplace Safety and Health activities. It also includes following emergency response procedures, safe work practices and risk control procedures.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for existing practitioners or fresh entrants to the hospitality industry who seek to provide a safe and secure workplace for all staff and guests.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- Identify risks present at the workplace and learn how to minimise and control them
- Learn how work-related injuries and security breaches can result in financial and reputational liabilities for the organisation
- Understand the importance of reinforcing relevant workplace safety and security policies to safeguard well-being of the organisation, its staff and its customers
- Interpret and implement workplace safety and security programmes in accordance with organisational guidelines
- Execute organisational emergency responses and evacuation exercises in accordance with guidelines of relevant regulatory bodies
- Document daily work to maintain safe work environments and when reporting hazards to supervisors and managers
- Respect and safeguard the privacy of customers in accordance with guidelines of organisation and relevant regulatory bodies
- Consult supervisor proactively to keep abreast with updates and changes to Workplace Safety and Health regulatory stipulations
Course Duration & Structure
The total duration is 20 hours. This includes:
- Classroom Training – 14 hours
- E-learning – 4 hours
- Assessment – 2 hours
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for more information.
Lecture, discussion, e-learning, and online discussions and case studies
Written assessment(s) with learning reflections; and minimum 75% attendance
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance from SHATEC, and a Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Introduction to Workplace Safety and Security
- Maintenance of Safe Work Environment
- Potential Safety Hazards and Security Breaches in the Workplace
- Workplace Safety and Security Guidelines and Practices
- Protection of Guest/Customer Information, Privacy and Property
|Course Fee||Company- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||International|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$360.00||$360.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$25.20||$25.20|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST||$385.20||$385.20|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, including GST||$97.20||N.A.|
|Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES) / Enhanced Training Support for SME||$36.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES / SME||$61.20||N.A.|
|2,3,5Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)||$54.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after WTSfunding||$43.20||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years and abovewill be eligible for up to 80% SSG funding.Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sgfor application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
³All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.
4The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years and above.
5WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.