This course covers knowledge and application skills required to standardise recipes, use yield calculations for purchase decisions, determine direct material cost and monitor product quality.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for:
- New entrants to the F&B industry
- Existing practitioners the F&B industry
By the end of the course, participants will be able to acquire the following learning outcomes:
- Types and characteristics of costs
- Methods of computing yield and recipes costing
- Understand product quality controls and audits
- Analyse and apply periodic yield calculation to control and manage cost
- Control product quality and safety audits
- Adopt a learning mind-set and openness to generating ideas to improve organisational objectives
Course Duration & Structure
The total duration is 30 hours. This includes:
- Classroom Training – 22 hours
- E-learning – 6 hours
- Assessment – 2 hours
Kindly refer to the CET Programme Calendar or contact our friendly course consultants for the course schedule.
Lecture, discussion, e-learning, group project and online discussions and case studies
Written assessment(s) and learning reflections; and minimum 75% attendance
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
- Introduction to Cost and Quality Controls
- F&B: Purchasing, Receiving, Issuing and Inventory Controls
- F&B: Production Controls
- Menu Engineering Analysis
- Monitoring F&B Operations
- F&B Quality Control and Audit
|Course Fee||Company- Sponsored Singaporeans/ Singaporean PRs||International|
|Full Course Fee (Before GST)||$600.00||$600.00|
|7% GST on Nett Course Fee||$42.00||$42.00|
|Full Course Fee, incl. GST||$642.00||$642.00|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, incl. GST||$342.00||N.A.|
|2,3,4Additional Funding if eligible for Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MES) / Enhanced Training Support for SME||$240.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after MES / SME||$102.00||N.A.|
|2,3,5Additional Funding if eligible under Workfare Training Support (WTS)||$270.00||N.A.|
|Total Nett Course Fee Payable, Including GST, after WTSfunding||$72.00||N.A.|
¹Singaporeans and Singapore PRs who are aged above 21 years and above will be eligible for up to 80% SSG funding. Absentee payroll may be claimable as well.
²Companies need to log-in to www.skillsconnect.gov.sgfor application of all SSG funding and subsidy.
³All SSG funding and subsidy are subjected to SSG’s prevailing corporate policies and final approval. Companies and individuals are liable for the full course fee in the event that the SSG funding and subsidy are not approved.
4The SkillsFuture MES is for Singaporeans aged 40 years and above.
5WTS Funding is for Singaporeans who are aged 35 years and above (or 13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities) earning a monthly income of not more than $2,000.